Tuesday, November 27, 2012

WTOP In Action

Oops, I lied yesterday. Here is the last post about Oswego. It got moved out of position, when I added the one about Makenna.

While I was up in Oswego, I got to watch WTOP (the campus TV station) in action.

These photos bring back so many memories of similar things that I was a part of. As a matter of fact, when I was a student, I did a photo montage for my photography class. It was a behind the scenes look at a show called "The Weekly Report". I still look at those photos and laugh. We were so young and inexperienced. :-)

This first photo is the crew directing the show. It was a multi-camera feed of the action taking place before the Media Summit. An "On the Red Carpet" type event.

In this second shot you can see that yes, they even have a red carpet!
It shows the talent interviewing the creator of the Media Summit...Lou Borelli. He and I went to school together, lo those many years ago.

I came to the Summit, because I have always wanted to attend one and the subject matter this time seemed so very interesting to me.
I was right, by the way. It majorly kicked butt.

Great job Lou.

The final shot is of the hosts of the show, filling in while new guests are getting ready to be interviewed on the air.

It was quite professional and I am totally thrilled at the quality of the equipment and the talent of the media professionals who are current students in Oswego's Communications program.

It was the best place to grow a career, then and it still is now.

You make me proud, every day.

2 comments:

  1. It brings back so many memories and reminds me that as much as things change, they don't all change.

    ReplyDelete