We found her on "Saturday Night Live" over a year ago. She sang a song called "Lights" and both my son and I took notice. I wrote about it HERE and HERE.
Ellie Goulding has finally released her second album, "Halcyon" and her amazing vocal gymnastics are highlighted. I have spent the past few days listening to the CD, as I ride to work and back. Since it was my first week home after vacation, it's been a hard week and I had to drive 3 days. Ugh!
As with many albums, I like some of it and I don't like others as much, but all in all, for a 4 time run through, there are some outstanding cuts on the CD. Only You, Halcyon and Figure 8 are an outstanding 3 song set and Explosions later on, is also very good.
I wish I could see the lyrics, as I listen...but those days of just enjoying music and reading the lyrics as I listen, seem to be over.
Back to the subject of this post, Ellie taped a performance at the infamous Troubadour in West Hollywood, last month and the performance turned up on You Tube the other day. If you have an hour, you might like to check it out HERE. I have seen the first 4 songs so far and find it to be a good watch.
She will also be touring the US this winter and maybe if I feel like dealing with all the youngsters, I will attempt to attend the one in LA. :-)
The Los Angeles Times wrote an article about her recently and if so inclined, you can read it HERE.

Still not overly impressed. :-(
ReplyDeleteHer voice impresses me.
ReplyDeleteOk...
ReplyDelete