Monday, November 5, 2012

My Final View Of NYC

My Water Post For Today.

After living through so much having to do with Hurricane Sandy, I thought I would post the final water that I saw, before climbing up into the clouds in NY.

My view was not pretty, because I am literally about to fly into the clouds that had been spinning around what was left of Tropical Storm Sandy, way off to the West.

There it is, lots of water surrounding the Island of Manhattan. I am sure, more then normal. Beauty and terror, all wrapped up into one thing. Yes, water can harm, as we have seen so many times. What draws us to the places where it lives...it's beauty, of course.

As to Sandy. I can't stress this enough...it could have been so much worse! For us, the rain was almost nonexistent. It was the wind and the storm surge, that did the damage. She was only a Category 1 storm, at her worst.

Next week, back to normal beauty shots of water.

4 comments:

  1. I will look forward to that. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be pretty water, another day. I took so many photos, when I was Upstate. You will enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While the wind speed (75 mph and gusts recorded in Islip to 94) make Sandy a catagory 1, The damage, because it was slow to move (28mph) and size (1000 miles wide) was equivalent to a catagory 3.
    We will be remembering Sandy for a long time. :-(
    You left the winds of NY for the Santa Ana winds right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably. I do know it's dry here, which immediately effects my skin. After 2 weeks in humidity, it's quite a change. Itch, itch, itch... :-)

    ReplyDelete