Friday, February 5, 2016

Dunkin Donuts

About 6 months ago Santa Clarita got its first Dunkin Donuts, since one closed back in the 70's.

I am an East Coast girl and yet, DD never was a big part of my life. We went, upon occasion and that is about all I remember.

As a matter of fact, while up in Oswego in 2013, I would drink the Starbuck's knock off, instead of stopping at the Dunkin Donuts half way up the hill to campus.

Trust me on this, it was VERY popular with the students.

So between our gym class and my haircut on the Saturday before my birthday, I give my guy a choice. Starbuck's or Foster's Donuts. He chose Dunkin Donuts.

So since he was the driver of the car, off we went to Canyon Country and stopped at our brand new Dunkin Donuts.

It was crowded and all that, so I assume they are doing well.

We each have an AARP card and so we got a free donut with our coffee. A nice perk for the price of our AARP fee.

It was good all around and as my Husband said, he was glad it is so far away, otherwise he would be there every day.

2 comments:

  1. Living in NYC for the last 15 years, I have come to love the Dunkins. During the warmer months, some stores have all iced teas for 99¢. Some days, I will grab 3-5 of them, unsweet with lemon (like my mother!). It is bad that there are so many, one is less than 4 blocks from my house, there are several on my walk to work from Penn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed that my comment disappeared. Sorry for the delay.
    So true about DD, they are literally all over the place, in NYC.

    ReplyDelete