Sunday, February 7, 2016

Is There A Resurgence In Blog Use?

I have had my blog for the past (almost) 9 years.

In that time I have watched blogs become less important, as people get more and more into Facebook and Social Media in general.

This past year I have seen a resurgence in blog interest.

A few thoughts as to why that might be.

Things like Facebook seem to be more for small interactions. Since I have both Facebook and Blogger (and also a Twitter account) I can see the differences between them. I know in my world, I tend to put the less wonderful photos up on Facebook. Lots of cooking photos, sunsets (usually not the best one I got that evening) and of course, lots of cell phone photos. Enough said about the quality of those photos.

I do work on the images I post on my blog. Color correction and such, are a part of the process and I also resize the image, to bring it down to Internet size.

Facebook gets the full image and I think it does the re-sizing, as it uploads.

I always notice In Facebook that the colors (when an image uploads) are much worse than what I see in the camera.

As to Twitter, I find it not interactive at all and mostly a vanity project. More so than Facebook, if that is possible. I put Instagram in that same category. A quick one line and a photo showing off something.

I feel, and the reason why I have persevered here, is that there is a place in this world for more than a line of dialog. I admit that I am not the most prolific writer, but it is definitely more than one line.

Some days, it is a stretch for me to get those few lines up, to go with a photo I want to showcase, but I manage to get it done.

I am glad to see some blogs showing up this year and as a matter of fact, a resurrection of a blog that was the reason why I made one of my own. See my blog post on February 20th. That is when Mizar 6 (formally Mizar 5) comes back.

So, for the forseeable future, I guess I will continue to blog.

Any comments, thoughts, etc... feel free to put them down below. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment