Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bathed In The Colors Of The Sun - Santa Clarita Station



Since we changed the clock a few weeks ago, my driving time to the train station has been in the dark and then into the beginning of the day. When I arrive at the train station, the sun has just risen and the station is bathed in the colors of the sunrise. Last Friday I decided to take out my camera and photograph a few scenes, for my personal amusement and I thought I would share a few with you.
It's been very peaceful and not too too cold, in the mornings. Winter brings lots of cold mornings and we shiver and complain...because it's 50 degrees. Go ahead and laugh, we are thin skinned and know it. :-)



I expect the heat of summer to arrive any day. We don't get much of a spring here and I debated turning on the air conditioning beginning on Easter. I have a rule though that I never turn it on until April, so we opened up the windows and dealt.

========
Photos
1st Photo is of the stair
to the platform. The
round building is the
Security command center.
The reason for the dirt
in the foreground...the
station is built on a
former dynamite plant and
we, thankfully, don't
own the land.

2nd photo is of
the bus shelters
on the lower level.

No comments:

Post a Comment