Saturday, March 8, 2008

Who Is That Gaucho, Amigo?



My friend in Belgium has a blog in her native, Dutch and even though I can't understand what is being said, I occasionally check it out, to look at the pictures. Obviously, she also blog's in English and that is how we communicate. I do wish to state that I am so in awe of that. Blogging is hard enough in one language, but she pulls it off in two. You ROCK girlfriend!
So, the other day I check it out and it has these adorable pictures of her dog. Well, not her dog anymore. She gave her dog to her parents to keep for her at a point in time and well...I think the dog and the parents bonded, so he stays with them.
One of the pictures, is the one I have posted up at the top and as soon as I saw it, I realized that the name and the dog go together. Back when she got her dog, she asked for suggestions on the "Yellow" board we both hung out on, for a Steely Dan type name and one of the suggestions was Gaucho. It is a cute name and she chose that for her dog. 7 years later and this picture proves that we were all right on with the name. Here he is, the visual embodiment of those lyrics that gave him his name. How proud, how tall, how totally...Gaucho.

"Who is the gaucho amigo
Why is he standing
In your spangled leather poncho
With the studs that match your eyes
Bodacious cowboys
Such as your friend
Will never be welcome here
High in the Custerdome"

============

Photo:
Was taken by Gina and
is used with her
permission.

2 comments:

  1. aaaah. how cute indeed :-)
    thanks for the spotlight, Angel. and what i wrote in Dutch, is like you mentioned, about him bonding with my parents and they refusing to give him back to me.
    and he keeps their spirits up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree, that he does indeed, seem to do that.
    The good thing is that, even though you lost him, you still can visit with him...and bring "the girls" along with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete