
I probably have many more important subjects to discuss, but since I posted about this little angel, I figure I will give it closure.
I went to our local mall to pay my credit card bill Sunday morning. At the current price of gas, this might not be the bargain it used to be, but we originally began paying our bill via the store, to save the stamp and also to know exactly when we were taking the hit on our checking account. There is nothing worse then trying to predict when to put a bill in the mail, so that the funds to cover it are in place. I normally don't shop at the mall, but I was looking for something to send my sister for her birthday and I figured it couldn't hurt to look around. So I walked about 10 feet outside the store where I paid the bill and go into this lovely place called "The Quilted Heart". No chain and one of our original mall tenants. I feel honored to shop there. So I walk in and immediately I see Disney characters that have this "look" to them. So I ask, do you have Jim Shore angels? They go yes and they take me to the display and there she is. She was 1 dollar less then in Ventura, not a great bargain, but I didn't have to ship her or drive to get her, so I guess I did well. Then, as they wrap her up for me, I go shopping for my sister and I find a lovely little sister thing for her. So I ended up getting what I needed to get and getting my angel, too. I didn't receive a birthday gift from my guy this year, so I guess I can rationalize this purchase...yeah right... :-)
Anyway, here she is, my newest resident. Maybe I will call her my "Trusty Angel Girl".
I'm really glad you got your angel.
ReplyDeleteWell hello stranger! What no blog posts? Been waiting for an update there...taps foot. :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I am glad I got her and yes, I did learn my lesson. No more pictures...ever!
Anyone else see this line? Probably the most uses of the word get in a sentence.
"So I ended up getting what I needed to get and getting my angel, too."
congratulations, she is lovely! and yes, i got my tongue and brains in trouble after reading that sentence...
ReplyDeleteGina: Yeah, what a line, but I am leaving it alone. I kind of like it now. :-)
ReplyDeleteI have her facing my front door. Our protector. That works for me.
Anyone else see this line? Probably the most uses of the word get in a sentence.
ReplyDelete"So I ended up getting what I needed to get and getting my angel, too."
_______________________
No, actually I didn't GET that.
:-)
_______________________
Lovely Angel, BTW. If you have a corner knick-knack niche, you can put her there and call it (GET this...) "The Amen Corner!"
Ok, I'll GET outta here now...
;-)