
There are serious problems associated with having an Internet "handle" of Angel. I am sure my friend the Luckless Pedestrian, or Red Head Mama, don't have my problem...but I get ahead of my story.
This past Saturday, we had company over. Our friends from Phoenix were visiting, on their way up north. At the last minute, we decided to head out to Ventura, to enjoy the beach and to have some dinner, in the Harbor. One of the things you can do at Ventura Harbor, is shop for cute gifts. I usually try to avoid them, due to the fact that there are so many knick knacks around my house and I really don't want to add to the madness. We walked by the shops on the way to the beach...but on the way back, I notice a shop with lighthouses, windchimes and such. I couldn't resist, so I walked in and took a quick look around. One of the things this shop had was an entire window with angel figurines and I fell in love with one of them...but $34 seemed just a bit steep for an impulse buy, and I decided I would take a picture of her, to remember how really lovely she was. When I got home, I uploaded the pictures and found out that I could actually read what she was and a simple Google search brings me my angel. In good news, I guess, the angel was not overpriced for the tourists in Ventura. In bad news for me...I find that I still want that angel. :-)
Well, maybe someday me and my angel will cross paths again and maybe, when that day comes, I will decide to bite the bullet and get her. Til then, I think I will be just fine, muddling on without.
I am sure I will survive and I learned a lesson, in the process. Don't take a picture of something that comes under the category of an impulse buy. Better to just leave it to your failing memory.
Oh no, I just had another thought...I bet the artist does great lighthouses, too.
Ack, Don't look! :-)
it's a lovely angel but 34 is indeed a bit too.. but she must be handmade and one of a kind?
ReplyDeleteHey, I'll bet you wish you had a friend named Angel. Then you could find a one-of-a-kind figurine of an angel and buy it. $34 for a present for a lovely friend doesn't seem too steep. Not when she's a lovely angel-friend!
ReplyDeleteLook how lucky I am to have an angel-friend. Now, if only I knew what store that was . . .