Sunday, September 9, 2012

Metrolink Riding The Rails

I was driving home the other day when a Metrolink train passed me by. Since I was at a traffic signal, I managed to quickly get a photo on my cell phone. Bad angel...

As you can see, we have these new technology no right turn lights at all our crossings, which I seriously appreciate. Though I heard that someone was struck by a train earlier this week, it has definitely cut down on the collisions between cars and trains.

The other thing that you can see is that we are riding with mixed cars on each train set. There are the new silver cars and several of the old cars, still doing duty. It makes for an unusual sight. I can't wait til they switch out the old with the new ones. They will be quite beautiful

My son will be soon riding the rails once again. He took the summer off, due to the late night class he had. There are no trains running after 9:20PM at night...so he has to drive home.
As a matter of fact, I am waiting for him to come home, as I write this post. The cat is waiting, too. She always worries about him, when he drives.

I know he prefers to take the train, but sometimes he just has to do what he has to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment