First off, a quick note to acknowledge the fact that today, is indeed, my birthday. Yay Me!
Big plans for this weekend.
I am attending a JROTC Drill Competition this weekend (unfortunately, rain or shine). It has been raining pretty steadily for the past 2 days and not only will I be driving tomorrow, I will have 4 boys here "sleeping" over. Yeah, right, they sleep. Sigh...
This is the beginning of the Competition season and Long Beach Polly is the first one. We traditionally don't do very well there, but it gets those "first time" nerves out of the way and sometimes, we actually win something. :-)
We get up at Zero Dark 30, or some ungodly hour like 2AM, to get the kids to the school at 3. When we caravan to Polly in Long Beach it's still only around 4 or so. We set up camp and then they begin to practice, in the dark no less. The first ones to compete, have to be ready around 8AM. Awards are given out around 4PM. So we end up getting there in the dark and leaving in the dark. It's a long day.
Polly was my first and is a sentimental favorite to me. I learned about another world there and if I can manage it, I return to see it all again. Trust me though folks, you wouldn't want to go to school there. It's a bit heavy on the razor wire on the top of the fences. No fooling around from these people.
Good luck Drill!
============
Photo Credit:
This is my picture
of Drill Team 2006
practicing at Polly.
Good morning, Angel, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIn honor of your birthday, Las Vegas has decided to burn down the Monte Carlo --literally. It's burning from the roof down. And a section of the Strip is closed. All for you! Now, blow out the candles because it's getting out of control...
OMG! Who knew!
ReplyDeleteThat looks serious. The poor Monte Carlo...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Angel!!!
ReplyDeleteNice lighthouse pic, too. It looks good over there. Enjoy it until the next blog incarnation. LOL!
I got around to watching The Unit with full attention last night. Very good episode. My impression is that that was the "current" season opener from just a few months ago, though I don't know for sure. If CBS keeps showing them, they're still gonna be "new" to me for a while yet.
Yep, that is indeed the first episode of Season 3. The guys are in lots of trouble and trying to solve the problem of why. Next week, they put it all together and get The Unit back in operation.
ReplyDeleteIn trivia, the restaurant that Jonas and Kim meet at (In Texas) is right down the street from me, here at work. They shot that scene on day 2 of shooting. I got a kick out of that. :-)
--
Yeah, "Barney" came out real nice. I did a crop job on your picture and really like how it looks. Thanks again for allowing me to use it.
Happy belated birthday!
ReplyDeleteDenise
Hey Denise!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Oh and happy one year anniversary of meeting each other at Chumash. :-)