Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh Where Oh Where Did My Golden Globes Go?


I have been watching the news about the Writer's Strike and how it may or may not affect the awards ceremonies that turn up at this time of year. I was actually relieved to hear that the Golden Globes had been canceled, because the thought of the event being picketed, didn't sound like a great idea. What did sadden me and continues to sadden me is how many people who do other things besides write, are being hurt by this strike. Limo drivers, caterers, make up artists, dress designers, even the places where parties are hosted. Lots of hurt to go around. Thankfully, I have a job, but even there, we are feeling the loss of income on rentals of our facility. I am sure almost everyone is being hurt, a little and that will continue, if this strike doesn't get settled.
I read today on United Hollywood Blog, that several of the big executives are going on a retreat to Carefree, Arizona.

There is just something so wrong with that. Anyone else hear Nero fiddling?

No comments:

Post a Comment