Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Growing Up Friend



I grew up in a suburban neighborhood on Long Island, New York.

It was a mixed group of people and this woman was one of them. Her family and our family matched equally in age to each other. Quite a feat. She was my sister's age, a mere 13 months younger then me. She claims that I look the same as I did at 18 or so and that she has aged.

Take a look at this photo and tell me if she is right or wrong. To me, I look like I am a woman much further down the road, then the 18 year old I used to be.

It was nice to see her and her two daughters and amazingly, her Mom had come down to visit, too. I usually see her Mom, when I am on Long Island, but due to a hectic schedule, I did not have time to see her this trip. I was glad that this was rectified.

In a kind of cool thing, one of her daughters works for Facebook.
I couldn't pass this up, so I asked her what she thought of the movie, The Social Network. She said everyone asks her that question and her feeling is that most of it was outright lies. I made the comment that the part that rang the most true to me, was the night he was hacking into the databases in the school. It was his words and bravado and you can't get any closer to the real thing, then that. The rest, the motivations for what he did...could have been anything and according to her, it was almost definitely not because he was turned down by a girl, since he is still in a relationship, from back in those college days.
My growing up friend chimed in at this point that she felt that Jesse Eisenberg played the role like Mark Zuckerberg had Asperger's Syndrome and she may be right about that.

In other things that went on. Kale Chips were made (recipe to follow) and we had dinner at 5 Brothers, an In-N-Out Burger knock off.

It was an interesting time.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry Angel, she is right on both statements. You still look the same (so what) and Gayl like me are looking our age, Oh well. As far as the movie goes, considering I have not seen it, I don't know. Have a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, you people are blind...but thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my Sister, of course I am blind!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you would trim your bangs vertically, snip snip here and snip snip there, you would definitely look.. like someone with trimmed bangs (sorry, just could not resist that, am not trimming mine like that again, it went horribly wrong the last time and takes ages for it to grow back lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gina: will you stop playing with my bangs! Trust me, they are fine just as they are. :-)

    ReplyDelete