Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Onion Rings



I was informed on Saturday evening that there would be a barbecue at my home on Sunday. My son's assignment...make onion rings.

So as my son is wont to do, he starts looking up recipes on the Internet and he finds one he likes. He memorizes the ingredients (I hate that child of mine) and when the time comes, he asks me to assist. OK, that works for me... :-)

He follows the directions and all that, but we weren't sure it was going to work out ok. Well I am proud to say that they did come out tasting like onion rings. Minus that they were a bit heavy, with oil from the frying, I thought they were excellent.




Here is the recipe...from the mind of my son.

1 1/2 cups of flour
1 bottle beer
salt and pepper to taste

Mix the ingredients together, cover and let it sit on the counter for 3 hours. Cut 3 onions into rings and dip them into the batter and then immediately into the hot frying oil. We used a Fry Daddy fryer. Don't put too many in it, or they will stick together. Fry until golden brown on both sides and then remove and lay on a paper towel to drain.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment