Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Marines Have A New Corporal


My Marine "Other" son started the month of June with a promotion. To me, it was all about the money, but as he pointed out, he is now a Non-Commissioned Officer (aka an NCO), and carries the rank of Corporal.
From what he has said, that means that he is now in charge of other people. Quite an upgrade, for a man of 20 years old.

It is probably going to be the busiest time of his life, to date. He gets the promotion, with new duties, he marries in a month and he turns 21 about 2 weeks later.

Much luck to him, moving forward into his adult life.

2 comments:

  1. JUST so you know Mom. It really isn't a big pay jump. Maybe 120 a month more. It is the three year mark that I hit in July that will pump my pay another 150 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, compared to the non existent raises I have gotten over the past 3 years and the $25 raise previous to that, it looks like real money to me.

    But what do I know...I work for a non-profit. :-)

    ReplyDelete