Friday, June 24, 2011

A Photo Of The Pointe - From A Different Location



Well, I should know that things are never totally what they seem, when looking at a website that is used to sell something. All those beautiful sunset photos of The Pointe (our new work home, as of next spring) showed off nothing but beauty and wonderfulness. Well, yesterday I decided to take a detour on the way to work and pass this new place. As you can see, the building is still lovely...but there are power lines all in the area. I never knew that about NBC, or that location.

It's not a huge big deal, but I think when I go wheels down and check this place out from the ground, it will lose some of that "beautiful" luster. It does explain the park that is just to the south of our new location. Parks are usually located in areas that can not be built on, which is so unfair to the young children playing there.
The second most popular usage of this kind of land, is for the growing of nursery plants. We have 2 or 3 "Cut your Own" Christmas tree businesses under our power lines in Santa Clarita, as a matter of fact.

As I say, no biggie, but it sort of brings a little reality, to our new dream home.

5 comments:

  1. What can I say, but welcome to the 21st. century, I guess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there must be power!

    Glad it is not my house though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Developers need to stop using words like "Pointe" in their projects. Enough already. There is NO such word in the English (or French even) vocabulary, unless you're referring to ballet shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you! Unfortunately, that's what our new home is called. We won't even get top of the building signage, which is so sad.

    ReplyDelete