
As I have mentioned before, my Husband's cousin is Anne Akiko Meyers.
She had a 2 1/2 week trip to Japan and Asia on her schedule, which would combine her work as a violinist along with some down time to see her family in Japan. We keep track of her after a fashion via her presence on Facebook. On last Thursday she posted that she was on her way to Osaka, Japan and just boarding a flight at 9:01AM Pacific Time. By 10:45PM there was an incredible earthquake and our first thought was, "Oh no, was Anne there?"
As we watched the tsunami's wash up onto the shore, I started tracking planes and figured out that she was probably still in the air at the time of the quake. That turned out to be correct, as we saw her post the next morning about circling for an hour before being allowed to land at Osaka. We were glad she arrived safe, but knew this was not the time for her to be in Japan. Before the Nuclear reactors started being a problem, I felt in my heart that she needed to leave. It took her 3 days or so to finally come to the same conclusion. You can read her account of the whole mess, HERE at her blog.
I am so sorry that her plans to visit her family were dashed, but I am glad she got her and her family out.
No comments:
Post a Comment