Monday, March 28, 2011

Drip Fountain At The Getty




My Water Post For Today.

We are once again back at the Getty.

This is the last of the fountains and the most unusual. Unfortunately, it is hard to give you the feel of this fountain, without you being there.

It is a drip fountain, with water coming down from the hole way up above. It falls gently down and settles in the pond at the bottom.




The fountain itself looks like a Egyptian Sarcophagus, which adds to the weirdness factor that you feel, as you gaze at it.

I did like it enough to try to capture it and I hope that you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is weird if nothing else. Somehow I expect nothing else from the Pluto off ramp. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But hey, weird is cool. Just in its own way. :-)

    ReplyDelete