Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Social Network


I have wanted to watch this film for the past 6 months or so. Finally, yesterday, I rented it from the local Blockbuster and watched it.

If you haven't seen it, I just want to say how incredible it is. The acting is right on, perfectly capturing the spirit of the time and the creation of Facebook.

I really feel it should have won Best Picture at the Oscars the other night and I know I was not alone in my feelings on that.

Totally true to the book, though Mark Zukerberg may disagree with how accurate it is. lol

Do yourself a favor, get it.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this movie. I thought it was great. Apparently it is not really that accurate regarding Zuckerberg's life, but that is fine. Fascinating.

    Facebook, for good or ill, has redefined how we live. I just had the most incredible dog rescue/relocation happen as a result of it... Along with tracking of the actual event as the dog moved from Binghamton to Michigan, via FB photos and posts.

    In any case, I thought it was an amazing film.

    I highly recommend Catfish, a documentary that has a FB element to it. I'd love to know what you think of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran: I have a friend who works at Facebook. She posted a photo of the book on sale at an airport bookstore and showed that it was in the category of Non Fiction. She got a laugh out of that.
    The other cool thing was the fact that she actually watched the film with Mark Zukerberg and could see his expressions as the movie played. Priceless!

    I don't believe it is all true...but yea, I believe a lot of it is. Jess Eisenberg did a magnificent job portraying a man who is just a little weird...but brilliant.

    ReplyDelete