Tuesday, March 29, 2011

OH NO! We Blew Up The Schedule



The President decided to speak yesterday, at 4:30PM PDT.

It happens and immediately my life and my bosses life, are not our own. My boss had some other things on top of this, so I began making the changes we had to make, for our Program Log for the afternoon. As I finished what I could do for that moment, I realized that I had to let our New Media Department upload the changes. So since I still didn't have all the pieces and it was still 3 hours til the speech, I fixed the log "New Media" style and gave them the go ahead to download the information into our online schedule. That done, he lets me know that something is wrong with the Tuesday Schedule. Doc Martin at 10:30PM was shown starting at 10PM, which shifted the schedule by a half hour and left a big 30 minute hole at the end of the evening. So I check that out on my end and see that we had the program (due to it being a pledge night) starting 2 minutes early. That was enough to shift the program in the online grid by 30 min. Grrrr...
So I moved it over and he uploaded the information again. I go into the grid to check to see that it is all fixed and instead I find that all there is are gray bars with times at the top and the times on the bottom. Everything else is totally absolutely GONE!!!!!

I go running into New Media and he is already dealing with the disappearing schedule and apologizes for possibly hitting the wrong key that second time. The third time is a charm and we finally get the President's Speech in AND the correct times for Doc Martin for Tuesday. To say the least, there was much rejoicing in the realm. :-)

That was it, or so I thought...until I was recounting my wonderful day and mentioned the trouble with the schedule. My Husband immediately tells me that he came this close to calling me, because he was trying to see what time the speech was and instead just saw those time bars and no shows.

Oh no! We were caught! :-)

=================
Photo is of the
grid with Doc Martin
correctly starting
at 10:30PM.

2 comments:

  1. Better you than me!!! Sorry kid, although I do not wish this on anyone, I do know you could handle the problem better than anyone else!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing was New Media was dealing with so many major things, like setting up the speech as streaming video on our website. Getting the word out in Social Media like Facebook and Twitter, etc. This upload should have taken no time at all and instead it kept making both departments live's a human misery. Oh well, glad it finally worked. :-0

    ReplyDelete