Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday 2011



A little Ash Wednesday humor courtesy of the Catholic Cartoon Blog. :-)

It has come, much later then usual.

Ash Wednesday is finally here and personal life willing, I hope to get ashes at the 7AM service this morning.

I remember so vividly kneeling at the altar rail in St. Ignatius and being told to push my bangs to the sides, to give the priest a good shot at getting the ashes on my forehead. Against orders, of course, I would always leave the presence of the Priest and immediately move them back into position, to hide the fact that I had them. A big relief to me then and what is funny about the whole situation, is that I still feel that way, every single year.

Bad Catholic...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm always going off to lay by my dish... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well, I went to Church this morning at 7 and found out the ashes didn't get distributed until 7:30AM. Too late for me. God will just have to understand. :-)

    ReplyDelete