Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Walter Becker!


A quick nod to the man who penned the line that graces the top of my blog. Thanks Walter, for your infinitely interesting way with words. It combines my handle "angel" with my career of Broadcasting and that's why, ultimately, I chose it for my blog. Obviously, it carries other meanings, too that I want to convey, but that was the first connection I made.

"So come on angel, tune in on me"


Walter Becker was born 58 years ago today, in New York City. He is one half of the duo that makes up the group Steely Dan. Currently, he is in the process of getting his second solo album together and his fans await news of a release date. We hope it will be this year. Happy Birthday Walter and many more.

============
Photo is of Steely
Dan playing last
year, in Lucca Italy.
Walter is 2nd from the
left, in a green shirt.

5 comments:

  1. Hey that's right! He sorta gave us both our online identities. I hadn't thought of that till now (for some reason). Neat.

    And a lunar eclipse to boot where the clouds skipped dimensions and I actually got to see some of it. Wonder if Walter was watching as well. Cosmic Wow! Happy Birthday, Walter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's always been one of the alures of Steely Dan, their way with the English Language and I totally give props to Walter Becker. Not that Donald is a slouch in that department, but it's Walter who gives their words a biting edge...and I am drawn to that.

    Slang Me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though this article is mostly about Donald, they do mention Walter Becker/Steely Dan's lyrics and it's a good read. Want to check it out, copy the link.

    http://www.jazz.com/jazz-blog/2008/2/17/the-nightfly-revisited

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, very good article. I read it just yesterday. But now I see someone named "angel" has left a comment there. Hmmm... LOL!

    Just for the sake of convenience here's a clickable version of the link:

    Jazz.com: The Nightfly Revisited

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my friend, for neatening up my "Cyber Home". :-)

    ReplyDelete