Tuesday, February 5, 2008

M*A*S*H* And Malibu Creek State Park


There was an article in the Los Angeles Times last week about plans to partially restore the exterior set of the television show, M*A*S*H*. In one of those things that make you go hmmmmm, the set burned to the ground in a wildfire during the time they were filming the final episode of the series. Almost like God was saying his own goodbye to an irreplaceable show. It has been left like that, for the past 25 years...a burned out shell of what it was. I know my family would have loved to visit it over the years, but there was nothing to visit. That is about to change this month. There are plans to restore the exterior set and already the distinctive signpost has been recreated and returned to the location. There will be a big dedication ceremony, with cast and crew from the show. All things that I was so happy to hear. On Ken Levine's Blog, he has finally posted about this and I have been waiting so that I could connect to his link. He was one of the writers on the show and has some personal memories to share. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment