Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day And The Image Awards


28 years ago today, my then boyfriend decided that he would always remember when he proposed to me, if he did it on Valentine's Day. So the unsuspecting girlfriend was totally surprised, when he handed her a box and he said, "I want you to wear this on our wedding day". No traditional ring for him, which was a move I applauded. It is so much better to go out and buy the rings together, at a later date. That way, everyone is happy with the choice and price. :-)

Unfortunately for me, I won't be spending this Valentine's Day with my guy and my son. Tonight, is the Image Awards.

Team Mack Daddy is back in action again.

This time as guests at the NAACP Image Awards Ceremony. Our original plan for the event, was to just be there to cheer our favorite show on. The Unit is up for Best Actor in a Drama: Dennis Haysbert, Best Actress in a Drama: Regina Taylor and Best Drama: The Unit. We are quite excited and three friends from the CAN walk last year are getting together, to attend: Roobaby, Mama and me.
Unfortunately, due to the heightened security that seems to be all around us, there will be no area for fans to cheer their favorites on. So we will be in attendence, in the nose bleed section of the Shrine Auditorium, no less...but we will be there.
I ordered the tickets today and emails started flying about, "OMG, what do I wear?" I think that whatever we wear, we will have an experience that we will never forget. More after the ceremony.

2 comments: